Next week, members of the i-ACT team depart for Darfur refugee camps to help teach #tools4peace through Darfur United and Little Ripples. Our team will be Gabriel Stauring, i-ACT Project Coordinator Sara-Christine Dallain, and Darfur United Coach Ambassador Rachael Rapinoe.
Our focus will be two-fold:
- Launching the Darfur United Soccer Academy for girls and boys ages 6-13. The first four coaches, 2 male and 2 female, will be trained by retired professional soccer player and coach Rachael Rapinoe and i-ACT’s Sara-Christine. We are so excited to be finally launching the academy! Find out how your kids can write a letter to a Darfuri youth here.
- Peace Education and Health and Hygiene will be the primary focus of Little RIpples Teacher Training II. The peace education element encompasses nonviolence, student management, meditation, and breathing. With the help of a Dr. and nurse team, we’ve developed simple health and hygiene guidelines for the teachers and School Health Educator.
Start supporting the trip today:
- Pass along this post on to your community, friends, and family via email.
- Share the above image on Facebook by going here and pressing “share”. You can include a personal note to encourage your friends to also follow i-ACT.
- Start following our Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram accounts. Ask 5 friends to also follow us!