World Refugee Day Film and Panel in Washington D.C.
The panel will discuss the film, current status of global displacement, and how investing in refugee talent can help elevate refugees’ causes and create a more sustainable future for those who are forcibly displaced.
The panel discussion will feature:
- Sourajadine Abdoulaye, Darfur United Player
- John Prendergast, human rights advocate, former White House advisor, and Enough Project Founding Director
- Joan Rosenhauer, Executive Director, Jesuit Refugee Service/USA
- Gabriel Stauring, Co-founder and Director of iACT
- (moderator) Lahra Smith, Associate Professor, African Studies, Walsh School of Foreign Service, Georgetown University
The Panel will be followed by a reception, where drinks and hors d’oeuvres will be served. The reception will be held at:
5540 Connecticut Ave NW
Washington, DC 20015
Visit www.jrsusa.org/notjustfootball for more information
Throughout my time in Nduta, Mandy was my right-hand man, functioning as a patient facilitator, doing his best to accurately translate everything that the Academy coaches wanted to express, and doing it all with positive energy and enthusiasm.read more
I am happy to announce Katie-Jay Scott and Sara-Christine Dallain as iACT Co-Executive Directors.read more
Nduta Refugee Camp, Tanzania—Recently, I had the privilege of delivering a refresher training for Refugees United Soccer Academy (Academy) coaches in the Nduta refugee camp in Tanzania. Ten Burundian refugee men and women gathered to review the basics of the Academy...read more