World Refugee Day Film and Panel in Washington D.C.
The panel will discuss the film, current status of global displacement, and how investing in refugee talent can help elevate refugees’ causes and create a more sustainable future for those who are forcibly displaced.
The panel discussion will feature:
- Sourajadine Abdoulaye, Darfur United Player
- John Prendergast, human rights advocate, former White House advisor, and Enough Project Founding Director
- Joan Rosenhauer, Executive Director, Jesuit Refugee Service/USA
- Gabriel Stauring, Co-founder and Director of iACT
- (moderator) Lahra Smith, Associate Professor, African Studies, Walsh School of Foreign Service, Georgetown University
The Panel will be followed by a reception, where drinks and hors d’oeuvres will be served. The reception will be held at:
5540 Connecticut Ave NW
Washington, DC 20015
Visit www.jrsusa.org/notjustfootball for more information
These programs are entirely community-led. They made every decision from which day to run the program to what hours and to who will be on the teaching team each day. The teams are diverse and yet they have committed to working together.
Trust in the process. Trust in the modeling before the explanation. Trust in the people. Trust in the children, and they will trust you.
If there is anything that can foster community between people and across cultures, it is sharing a meal and a cup of tea. While we do that, we will also be sure to sprinkle in some early childhood development, mindfulness, and games!