World Refugee Day Film and Panel in Washington D.C.
The panel will discuss the film, current status of global displacement, and how investing in refugee talent can help elevate refugees’ causes and create a more sustainable future for those who are forcibly displaced.
The panel discussion will feature:
- Sourajadine Abdoulaye, Darfur United Player
- John Prendergast, human rights advocate, former White House advisor, and Enough Project Founding Director
- Joan Rosenhauer, Executive Director, Jesuit Refugee Service/USA
- Gabriel Stauring, Co-founder and Director of iACT
- (moderator) Lahra Smith, Associate Professor, African Studies, Walsh School of Foreign Service, Georgetown University
The Panel will be followed by a reception, where drinks and hors d’oeuvres will be served. The reception will be held at:
5540 Connecticut Ave NW
Washington, DC 20015
Visit www.jrsusa.org/notjustfootball for more information
We are days away from piloting iACTivist, a mindful humanitarian pathway; an idea that was born years ago. From our origin story to now, we have always done things a little differently than a traditional or larger organization. iACT’s approach from the very beginning...
Traca and I are back in Yaounde, the capital of Cameroon. After a night of rest, we spent our morning together debriefing and reflecting on all that we experienced these past two weeks: We facilitated 2 Little Ripples Teacher Trainingswith a total of 52 men and...
I’m in Cameroon on another iACT trip, supporting their work with refugee and local teachers, students, parents, soccer coaches, and players. Sara-Christine (co-executive director at iACT and my amazing travel buddy and friend) and I are back in the capital,...