World Refugee Day Film and Panel in Washington D.C.
The panel will discuss the film, current status of global displacement, and how investing in refugee talent can help elevate refugees’ causes and create a more sustainable future for those who are forcibly displaced.
The panel discussion will feature:
- Sourajadine Abdoulaye, Darfur United Player
- John Prendergast, human rights advocate, former White House advisor, and Enough Project Founding Director
- Joan Rosenhauer, Executive Director, Jesuit Refugee Service/USA
- Gabriel Stauring, Co-founder and Director of iACT
- (moderator) Lahra Smith, Associate Professor, African Studies, Walsh School of Foreign Service, Georgetown University
The Panel will be followed by a reception, where drinks and hors d’oeuvres will be served. The reception will be held at:
5540 Connecticut Ave NW
Washington, DC 20015
Visit www.jrsusa.org/notjustfootball for more information
Each step of the way with iACT has been a full body yes for me. This little powerhouse of an organization has been on my distant radar for a few years now, but just recently we managed to finally cross paths and link missions.read more
Nduta Refugee Camp, Tanzania — “Never judge a book by its cover...” is a saying I remember my Nana telling me when I was a little girl. For years I took it literally and made it my mission to physically study every book’s cover before I cracked it open. When I finally...read more
To create true change in the world and help others, you need to know who you’re helping and what they truly need. Know people as humans first, and keep the goal in the center, not yourself or your organization.read more